Certificate Course in Environmental Health – Terms of Participation & service
Certificate Course in Environmental Health (“Program”) is delivered live over the phone and on-line and includes:
- 16 core lecture format (audio) teaching classes
- 4 bonus lecture format (audio) teaching classes
- 4 Live Q&A + Hot Seat Calls
- 4 Live Q&A + Coaching Calls
- 2 Live Business Coaching Intensives
- 1 Virtual 2-day intensive
- 2 One-hour Private Coaching Sessions
- Private Facebook Group
- Monthly curated news headline E-Digest
- Client Facing Guides for you to use in your practice
- Environmental Health Intake Form
- Template for conducting a Whole Home Assessment
- Live Guest Expert Trainings
- Archive of past Guest Experts sessions
All content in the program will be posted as it is made available.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Client understands that in order to receive the Certificate at the end of the Program Client must:
- Successfully complete all 16 quizzes.
We are committed to providing all participants with a positive experience. Thus, COMPANY may, at its sole discretion, limit, suspend, or terminate your participation in any of its programs, live, recorded, social media-based or digital without refund or forgiveness of remaining payments if:
- you become disruptive or difficult to work with;
- you fail to follow the program guidelines; or,
- you impair the participation of our instructors or participants in our program(s).
You hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- The Program is not intended as a substitute for, or in lieu of, other health and wellness training, certification, accreditation and/or licensing.
- Your participation in this Program is not a substitute for any licensing requirements that may be applicable to you and does not independently authorize you to render care, prescribe regimens or prescribe medications or supplements.
- Your activities in the health and wellness field remain subject to your education, qualifications and licensure.
- Program education and information is intended for a general audience and does not purport to be, nor should it be construed as, specific advice, tailored to any individual.
- All materials, procedures, policies, and standards, all teaching manuals, all teaching aids, all supplements and the like that have been or will be made available Company or its designated facilitators, or any other source, oral or written, are for personal use in or in conjunction with this training program only.
- Program content is for personal use only, and may not be sold, recorded, videotaped, shared, taught, given away, or otherwise divulged without the express written consent of Company, or its designated agent.
- The information contained in program material is strictly for educational purposes. Therefore, if you wish to apply ideas contained in this material, you are taking full responsibility for your actions.
- We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in any program materials.
- User names and passwords may not be shared with any third-parties.
- Any violation of Company’s policies regarding content usage shall result in the immediate termination of your enrollment without refund.
Client accepts and agrees that Client is fully (100%) responsible for their progress and results from the Program. Consultant will help and guide Client however, participation is the one vital element to the Program’s success that relies solely on Client. Company makes no representations, warranties or guarantees verbally or in writing regarding Client’s performance. Client understands that because of the nature of the program and extent, the results experienced by each client may significantly vary. By signing below, Client acknowledges that as with any business endeavor, there is an inherent risk of loss of capital and there is no guarantee that Client will reach their goals as a result of participation in the Program.
2. Privacy & Confidentiality:
We respect your privacy and must insist that you respect the privacy of fellow Program participants.
We respect your confidential and proprietary information ideas, plans and trade secrets (collectively, “Confidential Information”) and must insist that you respect the same rights of fellow Program participants and of the Company.
Thus, you agree:
- not to infringe any Program- participants or the Company’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights;
- that any Confidential Information shared by Program participants or any representative of the Company is confidential and Proprietary, and belongs solely and exclusively to the Participant who discloses it or the Company;
- not to disclose such information to any other person or use it in any manner other than in discussion with other Program participants during Program sessions;
- that all materials and information provided to you by the Company are its confidential and proprietary intellectual property belong solely and exclusively to the Company, and may only be used by you as authorized by the Company;
- the reproduction, distribution and sale of these materials by anyone but the Company is strictly prohibited;
- that if you violate, or display any likelihood of violating, any of your agreements contained in this paragraph the Company and/or the other Program participant(s) will be entitled to injunctive relief to prohibit any such violations to protect against the harm of such violations.
While you are free to discuss your personal results from our programs and training, you must keep the experiences and statements, oral or written, of all other participants in the strictest of confidence
3. Interactive Features
It is a condition of your use of the Site and participation in the Program that you do not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site.
- Use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Site.
- Use the Site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person.
- Gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this Site, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Site.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Use the Site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
- Use the Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.
- Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site.
COMPANY may host Facebook groups, message boards, chats and other public forums. Any user failing to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement may be expelled from and refused continued access to, the message boards, chats or other public forums in the future. COMPANY or its designated agents may remove or alter any user-created content at any time for any reason. Groups, chats and other public forums are intended to serve as discussion centers for users and subscribers. Information and content posted within these public forums may be provided by COMPANY staff, COMPANY’s outside contributors, or by users not connected with COMPANY, some of whom may employ anonymous user names. COMPANY expressly disclaims all responsibility and endorsement and makes no representation as to the validity of any opinion, advice, information or statement made or displayed in these forums by third parties, nor are we responsible for any errors or omissions in such postings, or for hyperlinks embedded in any messages. Under no circumstances will we, our affiliates, suppliers or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through these forums. The opinions expressed in these forums are solely the opinions of the participants, and do not reflect the opinions of COMPANY or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
COMPANY has no obligation whatsoever to monitor any of the content or postings on the message boards, chat rooms or other public forums on the Sites. However, you acknowledge and agree that we have the absolute right to monitor the same at our sole discretion. In addition, we reserve the right to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any postings or content, in whole or in part, for any reason and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and to protect ourselves, our clients, sponsors, users and visitors.
NON-DISPARAGEMENT. In the event that a dispute arises between the Parties, the Parties agree and accept that the only venue for resolving such a dispute shall be in the venue set forth herein below. The parties agree that they neither will engage in any conduct or communications with a third party, public or private, designed to disparage the other. The Parties agree that neither will directly or indirectly, in any capacity or manner, make, express, transmit speak, write, verbalize or otherwise communicate in any way (or cause, further, assist, solicit, encourage, support or participate in any of the foregoing), any remark, comment, message, information, declaration, communication or other statement of any kind, whether verbal, in writing, electronically transferred or otherwise, that might reasonably be construed to be derogatory or critical of, or negative toward, or disparaging to each other or any of its programs, members, owner directors, officers, Affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents or representatives.
4. Membership and Fees
Total price of this program is published on the course registration page. Special Membership Fees may be extended to clients based on time of enrollment, and/or if they participate in a bundle promotion along with another course.
If you selected the payment plan, your first payment will be charged immediately, and each consecutive installment will be charged to your credit card every 30 days, until paid in full.
Delinquent Payment Policy
Provided that payments are installment payments are successfully processed, you will continue to have access to this Program. However, when a payment that is due is not paid, or your credit card is declined, your status will be changed to “delinquent”, and membership site access and Facebook group access will be revoked until your status is returned to good standing.
You understand that if your balance is more than 30 days overdue, your access to the program will be suspended until your payments are current, including getting up-to-date on past payments. You remain liable for the total cost of the Program. Company reserves the right to institute alternative collections actions including but not limited to, credit/debt collection service(s) or arbitration. You understand that if you remain delinquent for more than one payment access to the Program will be revoked until account is current and all payments due have been collected in full.
Company reserves the right to permanently bar Client from future versions of Program, as well as all other programs or courses, if Client’s payment account remains delinquent for more than 90 days.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
If Client elects to pay by monthly installments, Client authorizes the Company to charge Client’s credit card(s) or debit card(s). If Client elects to pay in FULL, Client may do so by credit card or debit card.
Client is responsible for full payment of fees for the entire Program, regardless of whether Client completes the Program and regardless of whether Client has selected a lump sum or monthly payment plan. If Client elects to discontinue their participation in the Program for any reason, Client is still responsible for any and all outstanding balance(s). To further clarify, no refunds will be issued and all scheduled payments must be made on a timely basis.
A partial refund of 90% of the total tuition will be offered only to students who enrolled during the Early Enrollment window, and who cancel before the official start of the course.
5. Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE, OUR SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, INCLUDING OUR MESSAGING, BLOGS, COMMENTS OF OTHERS, BOOKS, EMAILS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES, OR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR BY US IN ANY WAY, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.) YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, ANY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES ON THE SITE, OR WITH ANY OF THE SITE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR MATERIALS.
THIS SITE IS CONTINUALLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND COMPANY. MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, AS TO ITS ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR APPROPRIATENESS FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THIS SITE/PROGRAM OFFERS HEALTH, WELLNESS, FITNESS AND NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION AND IS DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT WITH A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL OR HEALTH RELATED ADVICE FROM YOUR HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THIS SITE. THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THIS SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES ARE INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICAL OR COUNSELING CARE. FOR PURPOSES OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE AND COUNSELING INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PSYCHIATRY, PSYCHOLOGY, PSYCHOTHERAPY, OR PROVIDING HEALTH CARE TREATMENT, INSTRUCTIONS, DIAGNOSIS, PROGNOSIS OR ADVICE.
Your use of, and access to the Program Materials is on a licensed basis. In that regard, Company hereby grants to you, and you hereby accept, the non-exclusive right, license and privilege to use (but not sublicense) the Program Materials.
You agree to:
(a) constantly use your best efforts in the use of the Program Materials in a way to protect the good name and goodwill associated with the Program Material and Company.
(c) not to attack the title of Company in and to the Program Material nor attack the validity of the license granted hereunder;
(d) not harm, misuse or bring into disrepute the Program Material and Company, but to the contrary, will maintain the value and reputation thereof to the best of your ability;
(f) at all times comply with all applicable government laws and regulations, and all voluntary industry standards relating or pertaining to the use of the Programs and Materials, and shall maintain appropriate customary high-quality standards. You shall also abide by Company’s suggestions and specifications regarding quality control over the use of the Program Material.
The license granted herein does not grant you any right, title or interest, at law or in equity, in or to any of Company’s trademarks, service marks, copyrights, copyrighted material, or any derivative uses thereof or, the name or images of Lara Adler, trade secrets or other rights or intellectual property of any kind, except as provided by said license. Further, such license applies only to those Program Material designated herein. You shall not represent to others, or conduct yourself in any manner that might indicate to others, that you possess any other legal or equitable rights in our Program Material, Trademarks, copyrighted materials, trade secrets or other rights or intellectual property of any kind other than by virtue of the license granted hereunder.
Company shall have the right to approve all uses of the Program Material or derivative uses thereof.
Company shall have and hereby reserves all rights and remedies which it has, or which are granted to it by operation of law, to enjoin the unlawful or unauthorized use of the Program Material (any of which injunctive relief may be sought in the courts, and also may be sought prior to or in lieu of termination), and to be compensated for damages for breach of this Agreement.
Information You are Prohibited from Sharing with Others. You, as a Licensee, understand and acknowledge that the information obtained on or through this Site have been developed or obtained by us through the investment of significant time, effort and expense, and that this information is a valuable, special and unique asset of ours which needs to be protected from improper and unauthorized use.
When you enroll in or purchase any of our courses, classes, or information through this Site, you expressly agree that you will not steal our content. Duplication, sharing, or uploading any information obtained in our course files with others, or downloading or sharing information contrary to the limited license we have provided to you herein is considered stealing and theft, and we will prosecute theft to the full extent of the law.
Specifically, you are prohibited from sharing with any other person the call in details for any of our paid programs, services, courses, or classes, any webinar recordings, any transcripts, any website links to these and/or other materials, or any other information provided in any of our paid programs, services, courses or classes, unless otherwise stated below.
We grant you the limited permission to share with others only the following specified content within the Certificate Course in Environmental Health.
Please note below the titles and materials that you are permitted to share with others and those you are prohibited from sharing:
Prohibited from Using Copyrighted Names: The PROGRAM NAME, and the NAMES/TITLES OF FOLLOWING MATERIAL ARE COPYRIGHTED, all rights reserved. You are prohibited from using any of the following titles in any of your own programs, courses, promotional or other materials for any reason without our express written permission:
- Certificate Course in Environmental Health
Prohibited from Sharing (For Your Informational Use Only): The following information is copyrighted, all rights, reserved. However, you may use the following for your own informational use only, but you are prohibited from sharing any of this information with others:
- Presentation Recordings (video & audio)
- Class Transcripts
- Call in Details for live calls
- Any handouts associated with Business Intensive Classes
Permitted to Share (Must Be Unaltered/Unedited): The following material is fully copyrighted, all rights reserved, but we are granting you a limited license with permission to share the following information with clients as individual handouts provided that it is unedited/unaltered and with trademark and copyright indicia intact. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute these materials in any way, EXCEPT that we grant you a limited license to share individual copies directly with your clients. However, these materials may NOT be bundled together and/or used as enrollment bonuses for your programs, sold by you for commercial purposes, or used in any derivative works:
- A Brief History of Toxins & Policy Timeline PDF
Permitted to Share (May be altered/edited): The following material is made available to you in unbranded, PDF format. You may modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute these materials in any way EXCEPT that these materials may NOT be bundled together and/or used as enrollment bonuses for your programs, or sold by you for commercial purposes:
- A Guide To Safer House Paints
- A Guide To Flame Retardants & Furniture
Additionally, you may from time to time, download and/or print one copy of individual pages of the Site, including blog posts, for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you give us credit by name, keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices and, if used electronically, you must include the link back to the Site page from which the information was obtained.
You may not in any way use, copy, adapt or represent any of our material in any way as if it is yours or created by you.
By downloading, printing, or otherwise using the material on the Site for personal use you in no way assume any ownership rights of that material.
Unless otherwise explicitly authorized in these Terms and Conditions or by the owner of the materials, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any material purchased through any of our services, programs, or products or obtained on or through the Site, including through an individual or group program, e-book, private Facebook or website forum, or class for commercial use, or for use in any way that earns you money.
All rights not expressly granted in these terms or any express written license, are reserved by us.
7. Dispute Resolution
- All disputes arising under or concerning this Agreement are to be submitted to binding arbitration, in Portland, Oregon, to be resolved in accordance with the laws of the state of Oregon.
You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations aren’t allowed.
The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, consolidated action or private attorney general action) unless all relevant parties specifically agree to do so following initiation of the arbitration.