An e-Course On Finding The Best Filter, For The Purest Water
Learn what the most common contaminants in drinking water are, and what health issues they are associated with, so you can more intentionally filter your water and guide clients to do the same!
Did you know that:
- Excessive levels of lead, a potent neurotoxin, have been found in almost 2,000 water systems across all 50 states
- 77 million Americans drink water that has violated the Safe Drinking Water Act because of excess contamination?
- 36 million Americans who rely on well water are consuming dangerous levels of arsenic every day?
- Almost 90% of drinking water sampled by the USDA had traces of Atrazine, the most widely used herbicide in the country?
CONTAMINATED DRINKING WATER IS A SERIOUS ISSUE
Long term, low-level consumption of these contaminants can undermine a healthy body, and lead to or exacerbate chronic health issues. Issues like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, infertility, obesity, digestive problems, autoimmune disorders, and even skin problems.
We MUST filter our water
But which kind of filter?
- Activated Carbon?
- Reverse Osmosis?
- What about Alkaline water?
- Is a pitcher filter okay?
- Do I need a whole house filter?
Figuring out which filter is right can be very confusing! And marketing around water filters can often be misleading and overwhelming. Being informed can help you find the right filter for your water, and your unique situation.
ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN!
NOT ALL FILTERS ARE THE SAME
People who sell filters will all say that theirs is “the best” or the “#1”, but not all filters are the same, so how can that be? Surely, they can’t all be the best! Shopping for water filters is confusing & overwhelming, and folks are often left wondering if they got the right one, and hoping that it’s taking out all the harmful contaminants they want to avoid.
But here’s the truth: THERE IS NO PERFECT FILTER.
- If you live in an agricultural area, you’re likely to have higher levels of pesticides, herbicides, and nitrates in your water
- If you live in a more urban area, you’re likely to have higher levels of industrial chemicals, like perchlorate and PFAS Your city may use old lead pipes to transport water to your home
- Even if your city has no lead in the distribution system, you may have lead in the fixtures in your house
- The geography of your local area might add naturally occurring fluoride to the water, or your city might intentionally add it
- Some cities add chlorine to disinfect, while others use chloramine, which is harder to remove
To Get Clean water, you must match the filter to the contaminants in YOUR water
But with more and more people struggling with chronic health issues, most of which can be made worse by exposure to contaminants in our water, getting the right filter is more important than ever!
That’s why I created:
An e-Course On Finding The Best Filter, For The Purest Water
- Understand exactly why the types of contaminants in our water can vary dramatically
- Learn what the most common contaminants in drinking water are, and what health issues they are associated with, so you can more intentionally filter your water
- Figure out what contaminants are showing up in your water, so you can filter appropriately
- Find the filter technology that the best for the contaminants present in your water
- Help empower you when shopping for a filter, so you can show up informed and asking the right questions
- Know what steps to take to test your water so you are confident in your filter purchase
- Navigate drinking water while traveling so you don’t get sick
- Feel confident that you’re making the best choice, and getting the safest, cleanest water for yourself and your family
ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN!
The PURE course is about education & empowerment
My educational philosophy is based on the old proverb: “Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime.”
Here’s What’s Included In PURE
- 10 Video Lessons
- Downloadable Transcripts for all lessons
- Downloadable Audio Files for all lessons
- Downloadable Slides (PDF) for all lessons
- Bonus downloadable Guides, Charts, and Checklist
- Access to our student-only Talking Toxins Facebook Community
- Access to ongoing Monthly Office Hours Sessions
Module 1: Water & Our Biology
Module 2: Understanding Water Contamination
In this module we’ll uncover the reasons why our water is contaminated in the first place, along with getting a clear picture of how our drinking water is (or isn’t) regulated. You’ll learn:
- How many contaminants the EPA currently regulates
- Why zero new contaminants have been regulated in nearly 20 years
- How many chemicals industries are dumping into our waterways
- The state of our water infrastructure (hint: it’s crumbling)
- How common violations of the Safe Drinking Water Standards are
- The variables that can determine the relative contamination of your water compared to someone else’s
Module 3: Biological Contaminants & Their Effects
Module 4: Chemical Contaminants & Their Effects
Module 5: Heavy Metals in our Water
Module 6: Radioactive Isotopes In Tap Water
Radioactive isotopes in our water is becoming an increasing problem, partly due to hydraulic fracturing for gas extraction. In this module, we’ll look at where radioactives are showing up in our water, and how to make sure we’re filtering them out.
Module 7: Exploring Your Water Quality Report
Module 8: Fitting your Filter to Your Water
Module 9: Is Bottled Water Better?
In this final module, we’ll explore when bottled water is and isn’t a good choice, along with how to avoid estrogen-mimicking chemicals, and what do when traveling.
Module 10: Microplastics
Microplastics – tiny, microscopic pieces of plastic are increasingly found in both tap and bottled water. These microplastics act like magnets for other chemical contaminants in water and can themselves pose a threat to our health. In this module, you’ll learn what to look for in order to filter these bad boys out!
Charts, Checklists, Guides, & Recommendations
Curated Selection of Recommended Filters
For those that just want to be pointed in the direction of good options for filters, this “bottom line” guide will help you find a great filter for your home. With 14 different filter suggestions, with detailed lists of what each filter removes and what it doesn’t, and special considerations to keep in mind.
Water Filter Chart
Shopping for filters and aren’t sure they actually take out what you need? Use this chart to help you get clear on which contaminants are removed by each of the filter media covered in this course.
A Guide For Well Water
If you’re on well water, it means your water is not treated like public water, and is not monitored for contaminants like public water. In this guide you’ll learn what the primary risks are with well water and how to test for contaminants and bacteria.
A Guide for Shower Filters
Guide to Alkaline Water
You’ll Also Get:
Once enrolled, you’ll have life-of-the-program access to our membership page, and lifetime access to the materials once you download them!
You’ll have access to our student-only Talking Toxins Facebook community where we dialogue about toxins, and how to fold this topic into a health practice.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTORHi, I'm Lara Adler, and I teach health coaches, nutritionists, and other holistic health practitioners how to eliminate the #1 thing holding their clients back from the results they are seeking - the unaddressed link between chemicals and chronic health problems.
I train practitioners to become experts in everyday toxic exposures so they can improve client outcomes without spending hundreds of hours researching on their own (because you’ve got a practice to run!).
I merge the most current research in environmental health with practical, no-nonsense approaches so you can implement powerful new tools to reduce toxic exposures for your clients.
Combining environmental health education and business consulting, I’ve helped thousands of students in over 25 countries around the world elevate their skillset, get better results for their clients, and become sought out leaders in the growing environmental health & detoxification field.
Hear what some of my students have to say:
“I just finished the course and loved it. You lay out the information in such a clear and accessible way. You are a wonderful teacher. I have learned so much about water and where it comes from and what is put into it to clean it. Tremendously helpful!”
– Chelsea Buhrman, Mom to a medically complex toddler
— Summer Bock, Herbalist, Master Fermentationist, and founder of GutRebuilding.com
— Edurne Ubani, Functional Health Coach, FDN-P
— Eva Nestor, RDN, Pediatric Nutritionist Dietitian
— Melanie Miner, HPHA and Founder of Chrysalis Woman
— Connie Sheppard, Holistic Health Coach
GOT QUESTIONS? CHECK THE FAQ:
Who is this course for?
Are you selling, recommending, or reviewing filters?
Nope! My aim with this course is to educate and empower you to find the best filter for your unique needs. There is no perfect product to recommend, but after going through this course, you’ll know how to find the best filter for your needs!
To help you though, I’ve created a “Water Filter Suggestions” guide which features a number of products that I’ve looked very closely at that I think are great filters to recommend. You can just jump to one of these, or you can use the knowledge you acquire in this course and find one on your own.
You know this famous quote: “Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.” PURE is designed to teach you to fish so you can know how to filter your water for the rest of your life. I want to teach you to see your water differently, and to guide you towards finding the best filter for your unique water situation. You might just need a simple and inexpensive pitcher system, or you might need a pricier and complex system. This course is intended to help you find that answer, so you don’t waste money on filters you don’t need, or that aren’t protecting you.
I live outside the US... will this course be relevant to me?
What is the format of this course?
This 3-hour course includes series of video modules (including presentation slides and transcripts) along with charts, checklists, and guides. So long as you have an internet connection and are able to download the materials, and/or watch a video online, you’ll be able to go through all of the content with no problem! If you do have an issue with anything, we’re here to support you