Virtual Assistant Job Posting
Hi! I’m Lara Adler, an Environmental Toxins Expert and Educator, and I’m looking to grow my dream-team!
A little about me, and my company:
My business educates health professionals of all types, and folks with health-based businesses about environmental chemical exposures and the links to chronic illness and disease, so they can better support their clients, patients, and/or customers. I’ve been teaching since 2012 and in the years since have had over 4,000 students in over 35 countries around the world in my online courses.
I’m passionate about environmental health, about sharing information in a way that is both informative and empowering – for my students and for their clients or patients – and about filling the massive education gap for health professionals around everyday toxic exposures. I’m focused, driven, and a total nerd.
My small company’s core value is integrity, and my work is rooted in scientific evidence. We believe that science is real, that Black lives matter, and that environmental justice is one of the most important topics of our time.
What I’m looking for:
I’m looking for a long-term, part-time team member who is not only passionate about wellness & interested in this field of environmental health, but who also has deep technical proficiency and a strong desire to be an indispensable team member! The world is a toxic place, and people are getting sick because of it… if you’re keen on being a part of the solution to this problem, then keep reading 🙂
I’m seeking a warm, friendly and reliable Virtual Assistant for a long-term, part-time contract position.
First and foremost is taking extraordinary care of our clients, email subscribers, and social media followers through various customer support activities. All of our clients mean the world to us and most of them are loyal, repeat customers.
This assistant position is one that wears many hats. Being able to maneuver though different types of tasks is key!
General Contract Position Details:
Hours: Approximately 10-20 hours per week. More during busy periods.
Location: Remote Position
Start Date: ASAP
- Must have your own computer (Mac is required)
- High speed internet connection
- Able to work within 9AM – 5PM Pacific Time hours (some flexibility on this for the right applicant)
Primary Function & Responsibilities
- Be the primary point person for clients; interacting with them via email, telephone, Facebook, and Instagram, responding to their needs with a sense of urgency and care
- Regularly manage contact records and client communications in CRM software (Infusionsoft/Keap)
- Handle client order processing and invoice issues efficiently
- Uploading course content and blog posts to student membership site (WordPress)
- Help with maintaining and expanding website, in particular the SHOP section
- Schedule & manage live course calls in video conferencing system (Zoom)
- Content creation & management of social media (Instagram)
- When necessary, liaising with our web developer regarding website issues
- Proofreading, light transcription and document formatting, and uploading to company website
Required Skills & Characteristics:
- Excellent time & calendar management skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Experience writing professional, yet friendly emails and speaking in person/on the phone with high level clients.
- Ability to adopt a company voice in communications (light, friendly, and super helpful).
- Ability to take personal ownership of client problems until they are resolved to their complete satisfaction.
- Customer Service/Concierge experience.
- Ability to manage client databases, including strategic categorization, adding tags, and detailed notes, etc.
- The drive to ensure clients feel happy and taken care of.
Required Software Knowledge:
- Gmail/Google Calendar
- Teamwork (or other project management software a plus)
- Ideal, but not required: Infusionsoft/Keap (CRM), Teamwork (Project Management), Learndash (LMS)
Primary Attributes We Are Looking For:
- You have at least two years experience in a service role where you thrived.
- You love to be challenged and stretched, and thrive in an environment where your support role is extremely valued.
- You’re a bit of a nerd – you enjoy learning and playing with new systems, technologies, or business concepts
- You have an extraordinary eye for detail, and are meticulous (but not slow) when creating, proofing, reviewing, communicating.
- You have integrity, you take pride in your work, and you have a high standard of excellence for yourself and every task you take on.
- You understand that service, clients, and their care are the highest priority. You always want people to have the best experience.
- You have above average grammar and proofreading skills. (So you can catch and correct my typos!)
- If you don’t know something, your first inclination is to do a quick Google search to find the answer. You don’t understand people who ask “let me Google that for you” questions.
- You have a sense of accountability for your work – if you make a mistake, you own it, work to address it, but don’t dwell on it.
- You have a kind, caring, and friendly personality.
- You’re very tech savvy and love figuring things out. Finding your way around various technologies comes naturally to you.
- You are extremely organized. You like systems, and don’t like reinventing the wheel for repetitive tasks.
- You’re upbeat, forward thinking, and proactive.
- You pride yourself on being reliable. You’re the person others trust to not just get the job done, but to get it done right.
- You’re proactive and solution-oriented. If you don’t know something, you’ll figure out how to do it.
- You are extremely efficient and like to use your time wisely. You don’t like to wait around for things to do! If you’re not sure, you speak up and ask for something to do.
- You solve problems like a champ and don’t hesitate to ask if you need help, clarification, direction, or guidance
- You love crossing things off a list and making sure tasks are completed
- You are awesome!
If this sounds like you and you believe you’d be a great fit for this position, please fill out the form below: